Bad News Today

Three weeks ago we found out during the ultrasound that the baby's heart rate was too high, over 200. I went back today to have a follow up ultrasound and the heart rate has dropped down to 188, which is still too high. They also noticed that the nuchal fold is measuring way too large, and it is highly likely that it is a chromosomal abnormality. I talked to both my OB and a specialist and after they looked at everything, both of them said that I'm going to lose the baby, and right now I have the option to do some testing. Either way I will need to choose whether or not to end the pregnancy now or wait to miscarry. None of them said that it is a possibility to end up with a living baby. It is so difficult to see your child kicking their legs and sucking their thumb, and then moments later have someone tell that child is not going to live. This is going to be the hardest choice I have ever made, and I have no idea what to do.

1 comment:

jeanna said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry! I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope that you have some people around you to help you make any decisions. (((HUGS)))